Tuesday, March 12, 2013
It's Yer Tirreno-Adriatico-Paris-Nice-Pre-Tour-de-France-'n'-Giro Roundup!
1. Contador's just waiting. Don't get too cocky there, Froomey!
2. Nibali is just gonna crush this Giro. Ivan Basso, there's no shame in a stage win!
3. Andy Schleck is meat for the season. And I hope he gets--well, everything--back for 2014, or it'll go down as one of the most epic wastes of talent in the history of cycling.
4. Cav can bitch all he wants that Peter Sagan's "not a sprinter," but that doesn't mean Sagan won't still beat him again.
5. Speaking of Sagan, holy crap he's fun to watch. In fact, if it weren't for the fact that Sagan can climb without croaking, I'd say he rather reminds me of a certain dashing young Manxman.
6. Yes, Purito, you *do* look great. No, do *not* try the Giro/Tour double, you eejit! When you *win* your first Grand Tour, *then* you can try it. And you'll *still* be screwed. Ever hear the name "Alberto Contador"?
7. Jeeeeens! Jeeeeeeens! Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeens!
8. If you saw Andrew Talansky coming at Paris-Nice, you are a total lying sack of !@$%. Or Jonathan Vaughters.
9. Yes, that stage at Tirreno was insane. No, don't apologize for it. As Cancellara called it, what's a little "sadomaso" between friends?
10. Coolest. Trophy. In. Cycling.
11. No, this is not related. Get well soon 1995 we-love-the-Vuelta champ Laurent Jalabert!